Woodpecker Class had a fantastic day for their local history exit point. They arrived at school dressed as WWII children or in their best VE day party clothes. They participates in various activities including:
- Designing their own bunting, flags and Propaganda posters which they used to decorate their tables ready for our VE day ‘street’ party at lunch time.
- Decorating their own biscuits in VE day colours.
- Learning how to play children’s games which were played during the era: Jacks, card games, four-square, hopscotch, skipping and marbles.
- Listening to 1940s songs.
- Going outside to enjoy our afternoon snacks including scones with clotted cream, jam and strawberries.
- Participating in a VE Day Quiz to finish off a fabulous day!
Thank you for a great day Woodpeckers – I hope you all enjoyed it too!