Thank you to our EYFS, Year 1, Year 6 and key worker families for completing the Google form to let us know if you intend for your child to return to school from 1st June, should the Government decide to go ahead. We’re finalising our structure based upon the numbers you have given us and will be in the position very soon of being able to give you all of the information you will need about the school day (including groupings, staggered drop-off and pick-up times, the one way system around school, lunch arrangements etc). We are taking our time to carefully consider the health and safety implications of every part of the structure we put in place. Any structure obviously revolves around the number of children we have with us on site. For this reason, please could I ask that you now give us at least 48 hours notice (office hours) if you subsequently change your mind and decide that you would like to send your child to school. We are requesting this as even a small change in numbers would potentially require a new, and possibly different, plan. It would also be helpful to know if you have since decided that your child won’t now be joining us too. We are open and working over half term should you need to let us know of a change. Please could any altered requests be sent to the school office email address.
It’s unlikely that we will have a final decision from central Government about the wider re-opening before the end of next week. We will make sure that you have the details you need before this point so that you know what to expect if the 1st June wider opening does indeed go ahead. We’ll obviously keep you all informed either way as soon as we hear anything.
We’ll be in touch with the finer details very soon but until then I’d like to thank you all so much for your continued support during this time. For those of you who are able to have some time off next week, I hope the glorious weather continues and that you have a great half term break!